Saturday 6 July 2013

Day 10th (Madrid, Spain)

I woke up at 9.30 am, I think I started to get up late ever since from Barcelona and I don't like it. I like to get up early in the morning so I can prepare on what to do and doesn't really have to queue to go in the bathroom and to queue on breakfast. Anyway, after showered and breakfast, I've decided to go tour Madrid on my own even though there is a free tour on 11.30 am but I think maybe next time. So at 10.30 am I leave the hostel and start to go to El Retiro first as it'smuch closer from my Las Musas Hostel. Basically, basically this is actually like a morning market that only on sunday morning and in here there is variety of stuff that you can see like cloths, souvenir, electronics, handcrafted merchandised, but mostly is cloths. About 30 minutes walking from the start to the end and back to the start, I went to Plaza Mayor, there is nothing much interesting about this place just a very huge plaza and surrounded by buildings with plenty of restaurants and cafe on the ground floor. When I read on the internet about Madrid, there is only 1 place that I really wanted to visit, that is the oldest restaurant in the world that is Botin Restaurant located just near to the Plaza Mayor which operated since 1725. When I where there, the restaurant haven't open yet so I keep on walking and the next spot is the Real Palaise (Madrid Palace) and later I went to the Temple of Debot. It is an Egyptian Temple in Madrid walking there is like a suntanning. There is no one in the afternoon, at first I never understood why there is not many tourist in Madrid but I made a guess, its probably the sun is too hot so there is not many people go out. But, come on. It's Madrid kot.... The capital. Anyway, Later I went to the Plaza De EspaƱa ad took the metro to Serrano. I think its a big mistake to stop at Serrano because there is where Hi-End brand store located. Everything was on sale. I manage to ignore it and keep on walking to the Puerta De Alcacia later I went to Plaza De Cibeles, Plaza Del Sol. Actually, there is lot more places I've visited but I forget the name of it, silly me. After Plaza Del Sol, I went¡t back to the hostel and I wanted to book to go half day trip to Toledo organized by the hostel itself and I have to pat €22. It was very hot outside, so I asked the reception,  why there is not many tourist in Madrid, and he said to me that because of the sun is so hot most of the people rather stay at home than going out in the afternoon. So my guess were right, even though Im from Malaysia, but the heat is just sick. I went up tp my room take a cold shower and I took a nap. I woke up around 7pm and I went down to look for something to eat and I get a chicken kebab not so far from my hostel cost €5 including drinks. Another things that fascinates me is ever since I from Barcelona, I haven't saw Pepsi unless in KFC other than that, no they more prefer coke. Anyway, like yesterday, after dinner, I went downstairs to online and watching youtube Couldn't sleep until 3 I think because of the nap I took earlier on I guess.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment